Skip to main content

God's Wonders

As I look out into the ocean,

and see the beauty of the sunset painted across the sky,
and feel the wind blow through my hair,
and feel the sand in between my toes,

I'm left in awe.

I'm in awe that a God so magnificent and mighty thought to create something so breathtaking, and with such great detail.


He created an entire ocean, and I stand at its shores feeling so incredibly minute compared to it.

He painted the evening skies with such elegant and mesmerizing colors and I'm thankful he gave me working eyes and colored vision to enjoy his work with.


But what really struck me, was that the same God who created that spectacular view, who thought of and created all the hundreds of different creatures living in the ocean, and who at one point in time separated an entire ocean, thought that the world needed one of me.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons Learned

18 years. 216 months. 936 weeks. 6750 days. 157680 hours. 9460800 minutes. 567648000 seconds. Life has a funny way of getting away from you really quickly. One minute you're 5 running around a farm chasing barn cats and feeding the goats, and the next minute you're crying over boys and getting ready to pack up everything and move away to college. But the thing I've come to realize is that life didn't change, you  changed. You might fall down, but you need to learn how to stand back up, brush it off, and never let the same thing knock you over twice. 1. People are temporary; So are feelings. It's a part of life. One of the hardest things I've had to learn how to deal with is how to say goodbye to people I didn't want to let go of, and hello to people I was skeptical about letting in. I didn't want to say goodbye because I was happy and content, and even if I wasn't all the time, it's still what I was used to, a...

Homesick

Home has always been the place where you feel you most belong and are accepted. Home can be so many different things to so many different people. But the thing I've come to learn, is that home isn't always a place. Home can be a thing you love, a certain scent or feeling, or a person you can't live without. I've become homesick for a place I'm not even sure exists even more, a place where I'm at peace and loved by him without a worry in the world. My home became him. And I worry that I will never completely be at home again, because my heart is constantly elsewhere. But, maybe that's the price you pay for allowing someone in. Then, all of a sudden you're in a place you're supposed to enjoy and fall in love with, but all you can think about is being home and how you're not there. You became my home because I left my heart with you while I was gone, knowing you would still be there with it when I got back. I miss you. I mi...

An Open Letter To My Mentor

Dear Dennis, You.  You are the reason I'm still standing tall and making it through high school. Without you, I wouldn't be on the path I am on right now. You embraced me and took me under your wing freshman year, and our relationship quickly grew from there. Whether it was seeking answers to my multitude of questions in any of my English classes over the years, to seeking advice when it came to everything else, you never backed down and always managed to see me through to the other side.  Your room became a safe haven for me. A place where I could go and complain about my school work until I sucked it up and got it done. A place where we both exchanged many laughs and tears. A place where sometimes the only thing filling the air was silence.  You're so taken for granted by everyone. The way you intertwine your passion for literature and love of teaching is something amazing, and something I hope to have one day. You put your all into what you do fo...