Skip to main content

The End Of The Beginning

Life has a way of sneaking up on you.

One minute you're a little kid running around the playground without a care in the world.
Then, you're a middle schooler who has just discovered black eye liner.
But then suddenly, you become an adult and you're wrapping up four years of high school.

And you realize that in the blink of an eye, you're not a kid anymore, and you're heading out into the real world to try and make it on your own.


You're torn.

You want to be happy because of everything you accomplished to get you across the graduation stage.
But, you're also sad, because you feel as though you didn't get a chance to do everything you wanted and you want a second chance, a do over.


But hear me when I say this:
It isn't the end, it's only the beginning.

You will have more chances to do what you wanted with who you wanted.

You'll have an entire lifetime to love on whomever you want, and there will come a time when it an be whenever you please.

You are young and beautiful.

You have an entire world at your finger tips.
Go out there and experience as much as you can.


High school isn't meant to last forever.
But, that doesn't mean the memories don't have to.


Don't feel as though you will be lost once high school ends.
It's just the beginning a full and happy life, one that is completely yours and totally untouched.
But you can never experience it if you're stuck trying to replay the past.
If God shuts a door and chapter in your life, trust in him and leave it be.

And you will stumble and lose your way from time to time.
But hold tight to God and allow him to steer you in the right path, and you'll forever be blessed.




"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for you to prosper and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

~Jeremiah 29:11~






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Open Letter To My Mentor

Dear Dennis, You.  You are the reason I'm still standing tall and making it through high school. Without you, I wouldn't be on the path I am on right now. You embraced me and took me under your wing freshman year, and our relationship quickly grew from there. Whether it was seeking answers to my multitude of questions in any of my English classes over the years, to seeking advice when it came to everything else, you never backed down and always managed to see me through to the other side.  Your room became a safe haven for me. A place where I could go and complain about my school work until I sucked it up and got it done. A place where we both exchanged many laughs and tears. A place where sometimes the only thing filling the air was silence.  You're so taken for granted by everyone. The way you intertwine your passion for literature and love of teaching is something amazing, and something I hope to have one day. You put your all into what you do fo...

I'm Alive, I Believe in Everything

"I'm Alive, I Believe in Everything" God. Music. World Peace. Cats. Hugs. Chilis Dates. Shoes. Morgan and Kyle. Education. Cheese curds. Ice Cream. Stars covering the night sky. Chivalry. Fate. Love at first sight. Individuality. Respect. Trust. Swinging with your eyes closed. The first snowfall of the season. Binge watching shows on Netflix. The perfect Snapchat filter and selfie pose. The more I learn, the less I know and if you don't try you'll never know. I'm alive, I believe in everything I'm alive, I believe in it all. Late night drives in the car. Dance around or cry it out. Life is beautiful but people always leave. Laughter is the best medicine and a little chocolate never hurts. Seeing my college and knowing I belong. Miracles and chances. Curiosity and Courageousness.  Making wishes and keeping secrets. Kindness and Passion. Self-love and self-respect. Everything a person does  has the...

You

Meeting you was the happiest coincidence of my whole entire life. Our story has been this epic whirlwind love story, set in high speed motion since the day I first laid eyes on you. Meeting you might have been a blissful accident, but getting to know you was a choice. And after getting to see your heart, all the feelings that came from that felt so right. I fell for you for so many different reasons, each one melts my heart more than the last. You see me for me and for whats in my heart. I don't have to hide anything from you or fake it. The reason you like me is for my heart, and honestly, what more could a girl want from a guy?! You have this passion and love for Jesus and it's so contagious. I see the way people respond when you get in front of the room and talk about how great your Savior is. Or how you get up and play your guitar singing to Jesus, and create a truly amazing worship experience for those watching you. You have a gift, my darling. And I hope an...