Skip to main content

You

Meeting you was the happiest coincidence of my whole entire life.

Our story has been this epic whirlwind love story, set in high speed motion since the day I first laid eyes on you.

Meeting you might have been a blissful accident, but getting to know you was a choice.

And after getting to see your heart, all the feelings that came from that felt so right.


I fell for you for so many different reasons, each one melts my heart more than the last.

You see me for me and for whats in my heart. I don't have to hide anything from you or fake it. The reason you like me is for my heart, and honestly, what more could a girl want from a guy?!

You have this passion and love for Jesus and it's so contagious. I see the way people respond when you get in front of the room and talk about how great your Savior is. Or how you get up and play your guitar singing to Jesus, and create a truly amazing worship experience for those watching you.

You have a gift, my darling. And I hope and pray that one day you will get you use it the way I know you want to. And hear me when I say this: YOU have more than enough talent to have all your dreams come true one day. Always remember that. And just know that I'm going to be right be your side supporting you through every step of the way.

I've been growing in love with you since the day I first started talking with you, and it's no secret now that I love you.

I love the way you treat me. Even before you knew what kind of relationship I endured the year before, you were always such a gentleman to me and made me feel special.

I love the way you bite the inside of your lip and pout your lips ever so slightly when you're thinking.

I love that you don't understand the phrase 'fell through' even though I've explained it to you several times.

I love the way you come up to me and hold me so tenderly and lovingly when we're reunited after spending a little time apart.

I love that you love every little bit of me. You've seen me, without anything for me to hide behind, and you chose to love and embrace it, not turn away in disgust.

I love the look you get on your face when we're gazing into one another's eyes, not caring about the world around us. Your eyes get so soft and you give a little grin. You squint your eyes and the most adorable little wrinkles occur in the corners of them. You look at me like you simultaneously see the sun and the moon in my eyes- just like how I see the entire galaxy in yours.

I love the way your hair smells. There are so many reasons why I want to be your wife, and getting to finally find out what you use in your hair to make it smell so amazing is one of them.

I love how we can laugh at just about anything. We crack more jokes than any other person I know, and half the time we don't even make any sense. Yet, we still find ourselves hilarious. I love how we can just laugh at things, instead of letting them get us down or make things awkward.

I love how you call me on your way home from school just so we can talk about our days, and make the other person feel better if one of us had a bad day.

I love the way you act during the opening scenes of all the Star Wars movies. It takes real skill to be able to say those lines the way you do.

I love that you're a perfectionist. Though I'll never admit this out loud, but I want a picture perfect relationship. And if I got a super good-looking boyfriend worrying about making this relationship perfect, I won't have anything to ever worry about.

I love how you let me in. From sharing your childhood struggles, to letting me be there during current family issues, to taking me to see where father is laid to rest. You can't even comprehend how much that means to me. I know it can't always be easy letting someone in like that, but I'm thankful you saw something in me that told you it was okay to let me in.

I love the way you play and sing. And I love that you write me some pretty awesome love songs. I could watch you play the guitar and drums or listen to you sing for hours.

I love how you love my family and get along with my brother so well. It warms my heart to know that you feel so comfortable around them and don't mind doing things with all of us as a family.

I love that Jesus is at the center of this relationship. I'm thankful we met at youth group and share the same love for our Lord. My favorite and most anticipated moment of the week is when I get to sit next to you at church every single Sunday.

I love every little thing about you. And I always will, that much I can promise you.

I don't know what our future will hold, but I do know that it'll be me and you till the end. Whether that's a life of you being a rock star and us living on the road, or us living in a quiet little town with four little loves running around.

I promise that I will never leave your side. You mean more to me than I will ever be able to describe.


I love you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changing Perspectives

What if, at the end of the day, we focus on what's holding us together,  rather than what's tearing us apart? Do you ever feel like you're just barely holding on?  ...like life couldn't possible get any worse?  Do you feel like you're running in circles in your relationship and you don't know why? ...like you're constantly fighting about the same things, and nothing ever gets better? What would happen if you decided to just take a step back for a second and remember? Really look into her eyes and see the beauty that is your girl.  Remember why you fell for her in the first place.  Remember the laugh that only happens when you're around.  Remember the late night talks spent getting to know one another all those years ago.  Remember all those little things about her. And then learn how to love again. Hold her hand. Laugh with her. Hold her softly. Calm all of her fears..gently.  Make her know that she i

A Letter To You, My Love

Dear you, Distance is supposed to make the heart grow fonder right? Distance also tests us, and challenges us, and makes us say and do things we wish we could take back as soon as the words are said. The stubborn, selfish side of me says that my heart grows just as fond of you when I'm living 10 minutes away from you, not 2 hours. I hate being away from you. But the real side of me, the side you fell in love with, the selfless, the kind-hearted, the compassionate woman I am proud to be, knows this distance is going to be so worth it in the end. It's going to force us to put one another first in all circumstances. It's going to test our love, and make us prove how much the other person means to each other. It's going to show us whether or not we're really a priority in our busy lives. Communication and trust are key in making us work. Simple texts throughout the day, a random selfie, a late night unexpected phone call, and so much more become so precious and valu

Homesick

Home has always been the place where you feel you most belong and are accepted. Home can be so many different things to so many different people. But the thing I've come to learn, is that home isn't always a place. Home can be a thing you love, a certain scent or feeling, or a person you can't live without. I've become homesick for a place I'm not even sure exists even more, a place where I'm at peace and loved by him without a worry in the world. My home became him. And I worry that I will never completely be at home again, because my heart is constantly elsewhere. But, maybe that's the price you pay for allowing someone in. Then, all of a sudden you're in a place you're supposed to enjoy and fall in love with, but all you can think about is being home and how you're not there. You became my home because I left my heart with you while I was gone, knowing you would still be there with it when I got back. I miss you. I mi