Skip to main content

Learning To Play The Game

Life is a game.

And in order to make it through life, you need to figure out how that game is played. But just when you think you're starting to figure out how to play, the rules get changed up on you once more.


It becomes this cruel game, that makes you continue to prove your worth to everyone time and time again.

It's as if all eyes are constantly on you, waiting for you to screw up, just so they can laugh and rub it in.


But what do you do when even your best isn't good enough?

Good enough to graduate at the top of your class.
Good enough to be chosen first.
Good enough to date that special someone.
Good enough to feel good about yourself.


Sometimes I need to remind myself that some days, my best won't be good enough.
And I need to learn that it's okay.

Sometimes I need to remind myself that my worth isn't defined by those around me, but by my Savior.
And he thinks I am worth more than all the riches in the world.


Life may be a game, but Jesus is the ultimate way to cheat the system and win.


So while you may be stressing out, or you feel like your life couldn't be any worse, just know that it will pass.
The pain that you may be feeling now, won't always be there.

And if you're in a tough place in your life, take a moment to breath deeply and look around you.

Figure out what aspect of your life is causing you all this pain, and then ask yourself if it is worth fighting for.
If that thing is causing you more pain holding on, than just simply letting go.

But if you know that thing is a good thing, look to the end.

The end where you're happy and at peace.
The end where everything and everyone is in agreement.
The end where you aren't crying over it anymore.


So when you're tired and feel like you best isn't working and you want to give up, remember why and for who you're fighting this hard for.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Open Letter To My Mentor

Dear Dennis, You.  You are the reason I'm still standing tall and making it through high school. Without you, I wouldn't be on the path I am on right now. You embraced me and took me under your wing freshman year, and our relationship quickly grew from there. Whether it was seeking answers to my multitude of questions in any of my English classes over the years, to seeking advice when it came to everything else, you never backed down and always managed to see me through to the other side.  Your room became a safe haven for me. A place where I could go and complain about my school work until I sucked it up and got it done. A place where we both exchanged many laughs and tears. A place where sometimes the only thing filling the air was silence.  You're so taken for granted by everyone. The way you intertwine your passion for literature and love of teaching is something amazing, and something I hope to have one day. You put your all into what you do fo...

You

Meeting you was the happiest coincidence of my whole entire life. Our story has been this epic whirlwind love story, set in high speed motion since the day I first laid eyes on you. Meeting you might have been a blissful accident, but getting to know you was a choice. And after getting to see your heart, all the feelings that came from that felt so right. I fell for you for so many different reasons, each one melts my heart more than the last. You see me for me and for whats in my heart. I don't have to hide anything from you or fake it. The reason you like me is for my heart, and honestly, what more could a girl want from a guy?! You have this passion and love for Jesus and it's so contagious. I see the way people respond when you get in front of the room and talk about how great your Savior is. Or how you get up and play your guitar singing to Jesus, and create a truly amazing worship experience for those watching you. You have a gift, my darling. And I hope an...

To The Girl Who Loves Too Hard

I'm sorry. You had to learn from an early age what a broken heart feels like and what that exactly meant. And because you love just a little harder than everyone else, you felt the world stop spinning when you got your heart broken. You have so much love to give and you dive into relationships heart first. You are entirely committed from the start and are fiercely loyal. You give up so much, just to see the other person smile. But the secret is, you don't love too hard. You expect the same love that you give. And maybe the world is just too sad of a place to give out that kind of love, and you're just a blessing that somehow slipped through the cracks of heaven. You go through life giving so much, you quickly burn yourself out when you don't receive any of it back. And then you wonder if maybe you're just too hard to love. You wonder if you aren't meant to be with anyone. You wonder if no one out there can always make you feel the way you ...